What Is orcharhino?
orcharhino is a complete data center management solution. It provides system lifecycle management through a single easy-to-use interface. In particular, orcharhino supports automated host deployment, configuration management, and patch management.
orcharhino automates most operational tasks, thus helping boost efficiency, lower costs, and increase the number of hosts that can be managed. At the click of a button, you can roll out additional hosts or apply the newest patch to hundreds of systems at once; this greatly improves scalability and reduces time to market.
By supporting a wide range of established open-source operating systems and enterprise solutions, orcharhino maintains maximum manufacturer independence and flexibility. It allows you to monitor and manage your servers in physical, virtual, and cloud-based environments while making sure they are all consistent.
Who Benefits from orcharhino?
Due to its broad and flexible nature, any organization managing an IT infrastructure involving anything from a couple of hosts to a fully fledged data center benefits from using orcharhino and its ecosystem.
orcharhino is manufacturer-independent:
- Multiple Linux distributions: orcharhino is used by customers running single or multiple Linux distributions, including Alma Linux, Amazon Linux 2, CentOS, Debian, Oracle Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Rocky Linux, and Ubuntu. The tool can also deploy and configure Microsoft Windows hosts.
- Multiple configuration management solutions: orcharhino supports Ansible, Puppet, and Salt as established configuration management solutions, offering the full range of choices for customers new to these systems, or an easy transition for those already familiar with any of them.
- Multiple virtualization solutions: orcharhino supports a wide range of virtualization options. You can run on-premise physical hosts, virtual machines, entirely cloud-based systems, or a combination of all three.
What Are the Advantages of orcharhino?
- Reduced administrative costs through automation: routine tasks can be automated, freeing system administrators for higher-value tasks and significantly increasing the number of systems that are easy to manage.
- Faster system settings: new servers can be rolled out at the push of a button and dismantled just as easily, so you can respond immediately to a change in your requirements and ensure availability when you need it most.
- Manage your own software: easily distribute your own software in different lifecycle environments, such as development, testing, and production, as well as different logical, physical, or virtual locations in your organization.
- Greater system consistency: manage an organizationwide infrastructure in multiple logical, physical, or virtual locations through a single interface. orcharhino’s centralized patch and configuration management helps you maintain a consistent and healthy operating environment.
- Scalability: orcharhino helps you run anything from a handful of hosts in a single location to a distributed system with thousands of machines.
- Greater system stability: orcharhino actively provides status reports on the health of hosts, configuration drifts, available security errata, and updates. By using orcharhino, you can quickly apply security patches to all your hosts and ensure software comes from trusted sources.
- Enhanced security: ensure that your IT infrastructure is protected from third-party access, and that your data and IT processes are secure. orcharhino supports advanced user management options, including user groups, roles and permissions, LDAP authentication, and context-based restrictions.
Why orcharhino (and Why ATIX)?
- Vendor independence: orcharhino supports multiple configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet and Salt) and virtualization options (Amazon EC2, Google GCE, libvirt, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager, oVirt, Proxmox, RHV, and VMware vSphere) as well as various Linux distributions (AlmaLinux, Amazon Linux 2, CentOS, Debian, Oracle Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Rocky Linux and Ubuntu,).
- Consulting and engineering: our consultants will work with you to identify your individual needs, and help you with all aspects of implementation. If needed, our engineers will adapt or expand the software to facilitate integration with existing services.
- Training and support: ATIX puts great emphasis on a maximum transfer of know-how to its customers. We offer both professional support and training programs, which we are happy to tailor to our customers’ individual needs.
- Simple subscription model: ATIX is a partner for companies that want to control the cost of IT infrastructure. Our subscription model is kept as simple as possible, depending only on the number of systems you want to manage via orcharhino. You subscribe for one orcharhino server instance plus packages of 50 managed hosts. In addition, we offer standard and premium support as well as a number of services for orcharhino.
How Do You Start Using orcharhino?
- orcharhino webinar: you can get a first idea of orcharhino in our monthly webinar. In about 60 minutes, we will provide you with information about the functions and application possibilities of orcharhino as well as the advantages compared to other management systems.
- orcharhino demo download: after signing up for the download, you will be sent an e-mail with the download link. You can download the fully configured OVA that you can execute and test immediately.
- orcharhino starter pack: the orcharhino starter pack contains a full version oforcharhino with up to 10 servers, which is ideal for in-depth testing. With the starter pack, you get access to our support as well as our feature request box. This will allow you to ask our support questions and point out possible useful improvements to our development department. In addition, the € 100 fee goes directly to the “Save the Rhino” organization, which is dedicated to the protection of the endangered animals.
- orcharhino subscription: an orcharhino subscription always includes a server subscription and the number of systems to be managed (in steps of 50). We offer the standard version with 9 to 5, and a premium version with 24/7 support. Furthermore, an initial subscription includes a 5-day consulting package for the initial setup. You can also opt for orcharhino maintenance. This includes two updates per year, accompanied by our support. Unless otherwise agreed, the term of a subscription starts with the receipt of the order.
- orcharhino services: best practice
Before the initial setup, we recommend an architecture workshop to integrate the existing infrastructure and your individual objectives into the setup concept. Furthermore, we offer the services of a qualified orcharhino architect for the setup and initial configuration, as part of the 5-day consulting package. To ensure the functional reliability of updates, we advise you to book our accompanied update service. Our support team is also available for possible operational support, up to and including operational takeover.