orcharhino AMA August 2022
When will your release orcharhino 6.1?
- We are currently developing and testing it. We want to ensure that you have a safe and successful upgrade process. We are aiming at a launch date in four to eight weeks time.
- orcharhino 6.1 will include Foreman 3.1 and Katello 4.3.
- orcharhino 6.1 will provide support for managed hosts running Alma Linux 9, Oracle Linux 9, Rocky Linux 9, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.
- orcha rhino 6.1 will make provisioning Ubuntu 22.04 using Autoinstall easier und more convenient.
- orcharhino 6.1 will contain orcharhino Clients for SLES 15 SP4.
Do you have orcharhino Clients for openSUSE?
- Right now, we only provide orcharhino Clients for SLES 12 and 15; using them on openSUSE is not supported but has been reported as working.
- Please let us know if you’d like to see official support for openSUSE and create a feature request.
- In case the host reports the wrong OS to orcha rhino, using custom facts might help. See using custom facts (for orcha rhino customers only).
Does synchronizing repositories for Rocky Linux 8 work?
- Yes, we’ve checked this live on an internal orcharhino.
- If you have issues synchronizing upstream repositories, please open a ticket.
Can I provision hosts running Ubuntu 22.04?
- Yes, albeit it’s a bit different that before. Ubuntu 20.04.3+ relies on “Autoinstall” for provisioning which is more similar to cloud-init and does not rely on debian-installer anymore.
- See Creating an Installation Medium for Ubuntu 22.04 and Provisioning Ubuntu 20.04.3+ Through orcharhino Proxies in orcharhino documentation.
Can I run orcharhino on EL8?
- Not yet, but this will be one of our next big projects after releasing orcharhino 6.1.
- We want to ensure you have a smooth upgrade experience and offer multiple possibilities for users running orcharhino Server/Proxy on CentOS 7 (because CentOS 8 is dead and we will not support CentOS Stream 9).
- We will support running orcharhino Server/Proxy on Oracle Linux 8, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, and Alma Linux 8 and/or Rocky Linux 8.
Do you support nutanix as compute resource in orcharhino?
- No, we currently don’t have any plans adding nutanix as additional compute resource plugin.
Does orcharhino support patching hosts running Microsoft Windows?
- Yes, orcharhino 6.1 contains a job templates that uses Ansible to patch hosts running Microsoft Windows.
- See also Deploying Windows Hosts in orcharhino documentation.
Does orcharhino support managing DHCP and DNS using Infoblox?
- Yes, we have a plugin for that.
- See Using Infoblox as DHCP and DNS Providers in orcharhino documentation.
Can I migrate Foreman to orcharhino?
- Yes it is possible as an “upgrade”, meaning Foreman must be a lower version that the used version of Foreman (and Katello) in orcharhino.
How can I make an API request before/after provisioning a host through orcharhino?
- You, can use the webhooks plugin.
- See Using Webhooks in orcharhino documentation.
Last but not least: come talk to us at OSAD either in person or remotely. Get your ticket now at osad-munich.org.